MEMB

Museo Etnologico Monza e Brianza - il nuovo sito del MEMB ├Ę in fase di aggiornamento

English

28 giugno 2016

TECHNICAL NEWS

The Mill presents an indoor with two supporting structures one of wood and the other of iron which indicate the alterations brought by time. One when the force that moved the machines was the water of Lambro, the other one, subsequent to 1935, when the electric engines were installed. The structure of the original “plafone” is made of only one wood beam leaning onto side walls, a column of granite and joists. The pavement is made of slabs of dark stone of different dimensions. The brickwork of the building is made of full bricks with recuperated stones on the outside.
Next to the oven, on the plaster of the wall, left intact, it is possible to see stains due to the production of the material used into the press. On this wall, there are also some pictures of some football players placed by the workers of that period. The actual door of the Mill towards the river Lambro is still closed by the old and big wood doors.
On the outside, into the “gora”, that today it is a little garden, until 1936, flew the Lambro’s waters, which were channeled through an arch on the back wall, under the building and it was introduced into the river.
Inside the millrace, it is possible to see the profiles of granite of the enclosures situated in the lower part of the two facing buildings. In the center, there is a wall large 35cm and deep over 3m on which the two iron wheels leaned. The left one fuelled the Colombo mill, the right one fuelled the other mill that produced different flours. Perhaps a third wheel existed, on the western side of the building where now there is a little garden, to also use the water on this side.

Photogallery

Vai a pagina

di 1